Web Hosting on a "Virtual Dedicated Server"

Jonathan Duncan jonathan at jkdwebmagic.com
Thu Mar 30 17:29:00 MST 2006

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006, Bryan Sant wrote:

> I'm looking to host a Java web application somewhere.  I've always
> hosted my own stuff in the past, but I want a bigger pipe (and a real
> data center with power backup, etc, etc).
>
> Go Daddy has "Virtual Dedicated Servers" for as little as $28 a month
> (including an SSL cert).  Are there other inexpensive options for a
> VDS?  I'd like ssh access and the ability to install my own software.
> I'm not wanting an expensive co-location solution.  I don't want to
> drop $100+/mo on a dedicated server.
>
> Any suggestions?  Should I just go with Go Daddy (I don't really want
> to support them.  I'd rather use someone else).
>
> Thanks,
> -Bryan

I sell some VPS servers for a decent price.  They are FreeBSD.  Currently
they are version 4 but in the next month or two I will have version 6
available and Java and Tomcat should work just fine on them.  The new
servers are still in beta testing.  If ou are still looking in a month or
two let me know.

Jonathan