Web Hosting on a "Virtual Dedicated Server"

Gregory Hill Gregory_Hill at tni.com
Thu Mar 30 14:36:01 MST 2006

Is there anywhere that I can build the server myself and just buy the
bandwidth at the rates that they lease the servers?  Like, for instance,
some of these places offer 800 GB a month for $100 or less, but you have
to use their crappy old server.  I'd like to build my own server and
just pay for the bandwidth, but the prices I've gotten for that are
much, much higher than any of the leased server options.  I wouldn't
need any support guarantees, except for network uptime, and an option to
have the server rebooted on very rare occasions (or access to it to swap
hardware myself if something dies).

Greg