Web Hosting on a "Virtual Dedicated Server"

Bryan Sant bryan.sant at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 14:28:07 MST 2006

On 3/30/06, Sterling Jacobson <sterling at ilc-it.net> wrote:
> Do you have your own equipment?
>
> Fibernet in Orem has some good pricing for co-locating rack mount servers.

I do have my own equipment.  U1 rackmount SunFire X2100.  I like this
option best if it is cheap-ish (I don't want to sacrafice my equipment
if I can host on someone elses hardware for the same or less $$$).

> You could also look at Bluehost.com they are in Orem and provide web space and lots of bandwidth.

Just "web space" or shell access too?  Technically I don't need shell
access, but I need a 1.5 JVM + Tomcat 5.5x + MySQL + a way to view log
files.

I'd rather do one of these options.  I want to support local
business...  And it's nice to have someone's throat close when you
need to wrap your fingers around it ;-).

Thanks,
-Bryan