Ultimate PVR?

Mitch Anderson mitch at metauser.net
Thu Mar 30 10:37:56 MST 2006

Daniel C. wrote:
> On 3/30/06, Mitch Anderson <mitch at metauser.net> wrote:
>
>> that was a very ignorant thing to say... I do hope you were joking.
>>
>> Mitch
>>

> Ahhh, Utah!  Where statements can be ignorant.
>
> (If one lacks understanding regarding the correct use of the word
> "ignorant", does that create meta-ignorance?)

It was ignorant, you assumed all the TV that one would record with a DVR
is wasteful, you also assume that the time spent watching tv would be
better spent elsewhere(say the library?).  I record shows all the time.
And I sit down to watch the various shows I recorded when I need to wind
down from my daily activities before going to sleep some are
entertaining others educational.  I would consider playing "World of
Warcraft" wasted time, as I would any other computer game, but that is
my opinion and I know others disagree as they should.  I just don't see
the need to express that opinion of mine when someone might be talking
about the fun they were having play a game,  to do so, is ignorant and
uninformed of their situation.

-Mitch