Ultimate PVR?

Jason Holt jason at lunkwill.org
Wed Mar 29 23:55:27 MST 2006

Speaking of Hauppauge cards, my WinTV card has been putting out terrible
sounding audio from the TV tuner when I use either a loopback cable to my
sound card or use the btaudio module to create /dev/dsp2.  On the scope, it
looks like a lot of it is around 16khz (which is half of what some people
claim is the sample rate for the btaudio device).  I put a low pass filter
inline with the loopback cable, but that muffles the sound quite a bit, and
it's still distorted to boot.  Although I'm almost positive it's not a gain
problem, my sound card's sampling seems to exacerbate the problem -- if I send
the line out from the WinTV to the amp directly rather than digitizing, it
doesn't sound nearly as bad as when I digitize it with the sound card.
Strange, eh?

 						-J