Ultimate PVR?

Lance Grover lance.grover at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 21:55:44 MST 2006

On 3/29/06, Kenneth Burgener <kenneth at uvlug.org> wrote:

> I have searched the PLUG archives trying to find the thread talking
> about the different PVRs, but alas I cannot find the specific one that
> mentions what the preferred PVR is.  I did notice a lot of comments
> about Hauppauge's WinTV PVRs.  If this is the ultimate PVR, then the
> next question is what is the preferred model?  The 150, 250, 350, 500,
> 150 MCE, 250 MCE, etc?

Personally I use the Myth-tv and I love it, my wife loves it, and in our IT
department at work 5 of the 7 people use it at home and love it.  We all use
the hauppauge cards one 500, one 250, one 350, and three 150 cards (one of
us has two cards)  - mine is the 250 card and I would recommend it to
anyone.  I will probably get a second 250 card for my kids tv soon, but I am
tempted to try out one of the HD cards that are made for Linux, only down
side is that it doesn't come with a remote control.

--
Thanks,

Lance Grover