Ultimate PVR?

Jesse Stay jessestay at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 21:38:50 MST 2006

I know I'll get slammed here, but I found this is one area Microsoft
actually does well in.  With a Media Center edition server in one room
in the house you can get Media Center extenders that you can put
throughout the house at each TV, watch live TV through your server's
TV connection, record shows, pause, rewind, fast-forward, access
music, pictures, etc., all from remote rooms that connect to your
central server.  If you have an Xbox 360, there is software that
converts it into a Media Center extender as well.

I hear there's a Haupage device that works similar to the Media Center
extenders that you can install a MythTV-based firmware on and connect
remotely with a MythTV server.    This may be a slightly cheaper
option, and probably a bit more customizable.

Jesse