What's the deal with Swing?

ross at indessed.com ross at indessed.com
Wed Mar 29 08:51:28 MST 2006

Quick reply:

1. Mustang is the next version of Java, not a third-party.
2. I think Java will never really take off on the desktop until Microsoft
includes a JVM that's a nice and as integrated as OS X's. That may never
happen. But IMO this is a problem with Microsoft, not with Java.
3. Yes, I think that Swing is about 2-3 years behind Qt. Let's see if Qt
can continue to innovate, or if Swing is able to catch up!

 	~ Ross "I'm not so System.out.println("verbose")" Werner ;-)