Managing multiple computers at home

ross at indessed.com ross at indessed.com
Sun Mar 26 18:43:02 MST 2006

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006, Brian Hawkins wrote:
> I've had the same problem.  I started down the same path as you but found I
> spend more time managing the synchronization system than getting what I
> wanted to do done.  My solution is simple, thumb drive.

I do have a USB/Firewire hard drive enclosure that I suppose, technically
speaking, I could swap around from computer to computer. But I really
don't think that would be as convenient for my purposes, since
   (a) it's difficult to find a filesystem with permissions (i.e. anything
that's not vfat) that works well on all three of Windows, Linux, and OS X
   (b) I tend to want switch back and forth between computers a lot, and I
don't want to have to physically unplug and plug stuff in a lot.

I really wish (a) wasn't an issue, though, because that would sure make an
external drive a heck of a lot more useful.

 	~ Ross