Managing multiple computers at home

ross at indessed.com ross at indessed.com
Sun Mar 26 16:36:09 MST 2006

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006, "Ryan Byrd" wrote:
> I recently used unison ( http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/ ) to
> mirror files on two machines. It's easy to set up

This looks perfect! It runs on Windows, Linux, and OS X ... it can
synchronize in both directions (giving a warning if both files are
changed) ... it's not bothered by clock skew between the different hosts,
because "it only performs comparisons between timestamps obtained from the
same host, and the only assumption it makes about them is that the clock
on each system always runs forward."

I'll probably have to write some sort of wrapper around it to do my whole
"subscribe" idea, but other than that it's exactly what I'm looking for.
I'll let you know in a week how it works out. :)

 	~ Ross