PHP Developer Seeking Employment

Jason Jones poeticintensity at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 22:24:48 MST 2006

On 3/23/06, Daniel C. <dcrookston at gmail.com> wrote:

> AHH HA HA HA HA!  HA HA.. hah... heh... whew.

Not sure what's to laugh about...  I might be wrong in saying this, but good
PHP programmers seem to be in demand.  I've been programming PHP / MySQL and
doing some Linux Administration now for just about 4 years and now make well
over 50K doing so.  My employers were at the point in needing another PHP
programmer, and had quite a difficult time finding someone qualified.  From
my personal experience, 50K / year doesn't sound too unrealistic for someone
who knows how to program in a LAMP (Linux Apache MySQL PHP) environment
well.   I might not be the best programmer in the world, but 2 employers
within the last 2 years have seen me as worth more than 50K per year for
them.  I dunno... maybe I'm just lucky, but then the fact that it only took
me 3 days to find a job after being laid off might tell a different story.

$.02

--Jason