Another C++ entry

Levi Pearson levi at cold.org
Thu Mar 23 14:35:54 MST 2006

On Mar 23, 2006, at 1:52 PM, Bryan Sant wrote:

> These performance numbers aren't definitive of the languages involved,
> but they are at least ball park representations of what a languages is
> capable of (how fast, how many LOC).
>
> I still find the results useful.  I so delight in concrete examples of
> a language versus personal biased blatherings and political
> positioning (I'm just as guilty as anyone else, so I'm not pointing
> fingers :-)).

They aren't even ballpark representations of what a language is
capable of, except for the narrow domain of tasks for which you need
to stick a lot of data into a hash table and then make a bunch of
lookups on it.  So, if you have a task where this is the bulk of what
you'll be doing, the results might have some slight real-world
applicability.  Otherwise, it's just a silly game.

		--Levi