Moving to AF.. which ISP

Sterling Jacobson sterling at ilc-it.net
Tue Mar 21 14:50:27 MST 2006

Hey Steve, long time no see!

I think we've talked with your father and he's in one of the areas that is "problematic".

There are a few areas in the AF network that are having long standing issues with throughput. Mostly CRC errors on the active Ethernet segments I believe.

The majority of the network seems to work just fine though.

So if you are thinking of getting the AF Broadband service you might want to talk to your immediate neighbors that have it and see what it looks like for them.

The city is careful not to make promises of 20Mbps speeds.
We advertise it as a burstable 10Mbps, which means it should reach that speed often. If it isn't then there is no recourse to get it faster though except to wait for the City to repair it on their time frame.