New results from "dictionary word count" programs...

Shane Hathaway shane at
Mon Mar 20 18:12:55 MST 2006

Jason Holt wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Mar 2006, Shane Hathaway wrote:
>> Then, install psyco ( and run the
>> attached script.  I measure 4.9 seconds, which could put the Python +
>> Psyco version in 1st place, at least for a while. :-)
> Mine still clocks in at 3.5sec on an Athlon64 3000+, and that's without
> using gcc.  What were the specs for Bryan's machine, I wonder?  Mine
> might be faster than his (or yours).

I have a Thinkpad T43 with a Pentium M running at 2.2 GHz.  I suspect
Bryan has the same.  It's quite difficult to compare Athlons and
Pentiums, but I suspect you're winning one benchmark...

> Incidentally, LOC for mine is 1578368.

... while losing another with flair. :-)