New results from "dictionary word count" programs...

Bryan Sant bryan.sant at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 13:38:44 MST 2006

Sorry it took me so long.  Here are the updated results.  I only used
the fastest programs from each language.  Some of you may want to
re-submit an even better version of the program in your favorite
language -- please do so.  I don't want complaints about me not using
the best candidate for any given language.

I changed the test to use the file that Jason Holt pointed to --
kjv100 (43M).  The output was sent to /dev/null.

Here's the break down:

Java (1.5 using -server)
------
Avg Time:  6.81