Moving to AF.. which ISP

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Mon Mar 20 11:25:32 MST 2006

Andrew Jorgensen wrote:
> On 3/20/06, Sterling Jacobson <sterling at ilc-it.net> wrote:
>
>>You definitely want to go with the AF Broadband system.
>

> Is this the old Airswitch network?  That was a 100Mbps copper network.
>  Airswitch got out of the ISP business and into the switching hardware
> business.  The rumor was that AF was going to buy the network and use
> it eventually.

AF did just that, and now I often get 1 MB/s downloads at home, which is
5X the speed I get at work.

BTW, the city gives you a free router when you sign up, but the free
router drops packets when you're downloading and uploading at the same
time.  I just got a DI-524 and it solves the problem.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001PFQ08

Shane