PHP vs Perl (Put on flame proof gear)

Steve smorrey at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 19:39:06 MST 2006

Ok so I've long since lost the original point of the post...  And I
want to get it back on track.
Assuming a coder who is equally proficient in PERL and PHP, which
language would be the better tool for this type of task (I'm thinking
I might take bids on this eventually, it's starting to look outside of
my scope of expertise)

sorting data coming in from the various subscription APIs.
Determining levels of access to various portions of the site.
Setting those access levels.
Removing access when told to do so by the payment API or by me.
Notifying me of each and every activity taken in a batch format say
once per day (don't want my inbox filling up with notifications for
all the traffics).
Keeping track of whom has what access to what sections.

Thoughts?