PHP vs Perl (Put on flame proof gear)

Dave Smith dave at thesmithfam.org
Sat Mar 18 19:34:27 MST 2006

Ross Werner wrote:
> I'd be quick to qualify "deploy", here. I think that for each of C,
> C++, Perl, PHP, Python, Bash, and Java, you can easily think of an
> environment where that particular programming language is the
> easiest/most trivial to deploy.

When I said "end user applications", I was referring to desktop
applications that actually have to be installed on the user's machine.
Realizing that this was not the original poster's requirement, my
comment may not be of much use.

Obviously, C++ for a web app would be a poor choice, but I've written
some lean, mean CGI programs in C... And I liked it!

Anyway, all this crap really boils down to personal preference anyway.

--Dave