PHP vs Perl (Put on flame proof gear)

Ross Werner ross at indessed.com
Sat Mar 18 17:06:03 MST 2006

On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 15:12:14 -0800, Dave Smith <dave at thesmithfam.org>
wrote:
> Java lacks a static linker (though it can done with genjar),

Oh, and I'm not really sure what you mean here--every Java application
I've written I distribute as a single JAR, which contains all of my app's
dependencies (apart from the JVM of course). You can generate them
automatically with something like ant or Eclipse. Unless I'm mistaken, to
statically link a C++ binary, you still have to have a makefile which
lists all the files you're linking against? (I haven't done a lot of
C++ programming, so I'm not 100% sure on this.)

	~ Ross