PHP vs Perl (Put on flame proof gear)

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Sat Mar 18 16:42:47 MST 2006

On Sat, 2006-03-18 at 16:12 -0700, Dave Smith wrote:
> With C++, I can static link in whatever libraries I want at compile time
> (even the C++ standard library itself!). Cross platform support is only
> as hard as you make it. Macros are very powerful when used wisely. C++
> is great. Don't dog it, Stuart, you old hack! ;)

Admit it, you don't actually mean "C++", you mean "the subset of C++ I'm
familiar with and use".

You're right, however, being able to statically link is a real
advantage. Unless of course the libraries your trying to link were
generated by a different compiler, or sometimes a different version of
the same compiler.

Stuart Jansen              e-mail/jabber: sjansen at buscaluz.org
                           google talk:   stuart.jansen at gmail.com
* ^From:.*sjansen@