PHP vs Perl (Put on flame proof gear)

Ross Werner ross at indessed.com
Sat Mar 18 09:16:23 MST 2006

On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 07:02:44 -0800, Stuart Jansen <sjansen at buscaluz.org>
wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-03-18 at 01:46 -0700, Ryan Simpkins wrote:
>> argue that one language is more secure over the other. In this case,
>> however, it all comes down to you and your ability to write properly
>> documented, secured, and designed code.
>
> I'm an ardent PHP hater, but Ryan is right. Use the tool you know best.

I'm going to agree here as well. The language you know is going to be
better for a multitude of reasons than the language you don't know. And
perl and PHP *really* aren't /that/ different. (Oops, I hope I didn't just
fan the flames.)

> And during the evenings, instead of watching TV, repent and learn Ruby.
> Or Python. Or Perl. But not Java, because while it's a much better
> designed language than PHP, it's still evil. As for C++... it should be
> obvious to any right thinking person that C++ is at least an order of
> magnitude more evil than PHP or Java.

Stuart, are there *any* statically typed languages that you don't think
are evil? Haskell?

	~ Ross