Frames

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Tue Mar 14 08:46:44 MST 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 08:41 -0700, Gregory Hill wrote:
> I've heard both that and that search engines have trouble with frames,
> yet framed sites rank highly in google search results commonly.  Does
> anyone have actual experience trying to use screen-reader software on
> framed sites?
>
> Not that I'm advocating the use of frames, I'm just curious whether this
> is a commonly-repeated myth or truth.

It's been year, but back when I was a Web developer for BYU we did
testing in the most popular screen reader at the time (Jaws IIRC).
Ignoring the fact that using a screen reader in itself is annoying,
framed sites were even worse.

No idea what the state of the art it, but I doubt it's much improved.

Stuart Jansen              e-mail/jabber: sjansen at buscaluz.org
                           google talk:   stuart.jansen at gmail.com
* ^From:.*sjansen@