Frames

Gregory Hill Gregory_Hill at tni.com
Tue Mar 14 08:41:13 MST 2006

> One of the largest problems with frames that most of us on this list
do
> not have to deal with is the fact that it is very difficult for screen
> reading software used by people who are sight disabled to navigate and
> read their content properly.  It can be done but the use of frames is
> discouraged to make a site more accessible.

I've heard both that and that search engines have trouble with frames,
yet framed sites rank highly in google search results commonly.  Does
anyone have actual experience trying to use screen-reader software on
framed sites?

Not that I'm advocating the use of frames, I'm just curious whether this
is a commonly-repeated myth or truth.

Greg