Frames

Marc Christensen marc at mecworks.com
Tue Mar 14 07:09:07 MST 2006

Wade Preston Shearer wrote:
>> 1, 2, and 5 are not issues with frames themselves, they're issues
>> with the way most people use them.  But just because most people
>> use them that way doesn't mean it's impossible to use them well.
>>
>> 3 and 4 I can see being problems though.
>
> My biggest issue with frames is that each page does not have it's own
>  unique URL. Makes histories, bookmarking, URL sharing, and
> navigating a nightmare.

One of the largest problems with frames that most of us on this list do
not have to deal with is the fact that it is very difficult for screen
reading software used by people who are sight disabled to navigate and
read their content properly.  It can be done but the use of frames is
discouraged to make a site more accessible.

--
Marc Christensen
http://www.mecworks.com