SVN using Apache2 on Gentoo

Derek derek at burdick.cc
Mon Mar 13 23:06:36 MST 2006

A possible solution to why the graceful did not work but a reboot did is
that on startup the apache init script reads /etc/conf.d/apache.  That
file has the defines in it (-D).  It is possible that after emerging
subversion the file was updated or you updated it to include -D SVN -D
DAV_FS.  A gracefule restart will not reread this file but a stop/start
of apache will.

Derek