Rebooting Was: Re: SVN using Apache2 on Gentoo (solved)

Steve smorrey at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 21:51:38 MST 2006

Well and there is another good point, I had recently performed an
emerge -ud --world on this server and had not rebooted, as well as
installed and uninstalled numerous other packages.  It probably was a
good idea at least in this instance to reboot.
Bringing Apache2 down and back up without using graceful probably
would have fixed the issue, but it is best to make sure the danged
thing will reboot, especially considering that one of my other
servers, due to a custom hardware conflict issue that conflict with
the kernel will not reboot remotely and only comes back up if someone
physically walks into the datacenter and pushes the power button.