Rebooting Was: Re: SVN using Apache2 on Gentoo (solved)

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Mon Mar 13 20:26:02 MST 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 19:16 -0700, Steve wrote:
> Anyways good lesson, when in doubt reboot

I don't know.  Rebooting is generally a bad way to go about it.  What
did rebooting do that you couldn't do yourself?  If one doesn't know,
then they missed an opportunity to learn.  There is almost nothing that
requires a full reboot outside of a kernel update.

It took almost a full year of being free from Windows before I actually
started to believe it.  The only reason I reboot servers anymore is to
make sure they will boot-up and run as expected in the event they are
automatically rebooted (for whatever reason).

Just my 2 cents.

--
Gabriel Gunderson
http://gundy.org/