Looking for reassurance - MySQL Back-up

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Sat Mar 11 13:11:27 MST 2006

On Sat, 2006-03-11 at 12:35 -0700, Erin Sharmahd wrote:
> Probably not what you're looking for, but I would probably ensure this
> by recreating the server on whatever machine they're moving it to (or
> just on a junk machine for test purposes) and ensure that everything's
> still there.

True. The problem is I've never seen this data before.  I couldn't
browse the newly created tables and tell if anything was missing or not.
There is only a handful of databases but tons and tons of tables.

I'm `less`ing the dump right now and it *looks* good.  I just didn't
want to get bitten by some random option that I missed when dumping it.

I'm sure this is trivial for one of the MySQL gurus on the list (not
that I didn't google it first).

P.S. It's MySQL 4.0.24

Thanks again.

--