Looking for reassurance - MySQL Back-up

Erin Sharmahd erins at tuxgirl.com
Sat Mar 11 12:35:48 MST 2006

> I don't generally use MySQL.  I play with it when the project I'm
> working on doesn't support PostgreSQL, but other then that, my
> experience is limited.
>
> Anyway, I need to backup a MySQL server before I commandeer the hardware
> it was running on.  I really would like to give the guys that were
> running it the most complete dump of data that I can.

Probably not what you're looking for, but I would probably ensure this
by recreating the server on whatever machine they're moving it to (or
just on a junk machine for test purposes) and ensure that everything's
still there.

As for the command itself, I'm not sure... :)

~Erin

--
http://www.tuxgirl.com