Looking for reassurance - MySQL Back-up

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Sat Mar 11 12:25:41 MST 2006

I don't generally use MySQL.  I play with it when the project I'm
working on doesn't support PostgreSQL, but other then that, my
experience is limited.

Anyway, I need to backup a MySQL server before I commandeer the hardware
it was running on.  I really would like to give the guys that were
running it the most complete dump of data that I can.

Tell me what you think...

I added "--skip-grant-tables" to the server start-up so there would be
no permission issues.  I then issued "mysqldump -A -a > full-dump.sql".
The docs seem to suggest that this will dump everything but I just want
to be sure.  You can't put a price on the word of the experienced.

Thanks!

--
Gabriel Gunderson
http://gundy.org/