rmello at fslc.usu.edu
Fri Mar 10 17:01:05 MST 2006
On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 04:53:20PM -0700, Steve wrote:
> Ideally I would like to find a linux program which can do both the
> conversion to VOB and then the burning, but I have a sneaky suspicion
> that nothing at this time can do both.
> Since I have K3B which can do the burn operation, I'm curious to know
> what you would suggest to handle the conversion to VOB or whatever
> format it is that the majority of DVD players can handle now.
- Use mplayer to do the conversion to the mpeg2 that DVDs need:
- Use dvdstyler to create the DVD menus
dvdstyler just uses XML to store its DVD info, so add a couple titles
(that's DVD lingo for movie) and link between them with buttons and look
at the XML. Then write a simple program that:
+ Grabs a directory listing of your directories full of movies and
creates menus that link to the titles, with the submenus linking back
to the root menu. I did this with a directory of JPGs.
- Once the DVD structure is right, ask dvdstyler to create a DVD iso. It
can preview the DVD before burning in xine. Make sure it all works.
- Burn the iso to a dvd using whatever. Test in a regular DVD player.
- Once it all works in a regular dvd player, use a command-line burner to
burn the images to DVDs en masse.
A .45 beats a royal flush EVERY TIME
More information about the PLUG