Quiz

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Fri Mar 10 16:29:02 MST 2006

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 at 15:36 -0700, Bryan Sant wrote:
> I wrote the "quick and dirty solution" in beanshell (a java-based
> scripting language) and then a "high performance" version in real
> Java.  I think it would be interesting to post solutions to this
> problem in different langs and see how everyone does it with their
> lang of choice.  How many LOC it takes, how fast it is, etc.
>
> Perl?  C?  Ruby? Python? C#?
>
> Anyone else think this would be interesting?

I know the ruby community does a weekly quiz, and I think at least one
other community does as well. We could appoint a quizmaster and have a
multi-language quiz every so often. Then we could discuss different
languages with concrete examples in addition to or perhaps in place of
the flames...

--
Hans Fugal ; http://hans.fugal.net

    -- Johann Sebastian Bach