Help me make it shut up please!

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Fri Mar 10 13:05:35 MST 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 11:55 -0700, Steve wrote:
> Hello all,
> My scriptfu is terrible, but anyways, I'm trying to compile a program
> that is completely crossplatform but was originally written using MS
> Visual Studio, as such numerous .cc and .h files do not have newline
> characters at the end.
> This is causing GCC to complain "Warning no newline at end of file!"
> which since there are 1593 files, means I'm getting ALOT of these
> essentially pointless messages.

I saw a number of responses but wasn't sure if any of them had worked
for you or not, so here's my candidate.

        $ for i in $(find . -name \*.cc -o -name \*.h); do echo >>${i};
        done

It does have the side affect of adding newlines even to files that have
them, but what's an extra character between friends?

Corey