Help me make it shut up please!

Bryan Sant bryan.sant at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 12:09:19 MST 2006

> So here I am with a clean pull from CVS, I have bash, perl, ruby and
> even PHP on my box.
>
> Can someone help me here?  Would this be a job for perl or bash
> scripting or what, and how would I go about doing it?  My scriptfu
> sucks terribly BTW, so if anyone has an example that should do the
> trick please let me know.
>
> Thanks in advance.

What *is* at the end of each line?  I would have thought that the end
of each line ends with \r\n as is typical on Windows systems.  Does
GCC really complain about that?  Well, anyway, to get rid of the \r
and just have the \n at the end do this in your build root:

find . -type f | xargs tr -d '\r'

This should delete all \r from every file (leaving only the \n at the
end of a line) in your directory structure.

-Bryan