Help me make it shut up please!

Steve smorrey at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 11:55:43 MST 2006

Hello all,
My scriptfu is terrible, but anyways, I'm trying to compile a program
that is completely crossplatform but was originally written using MS
Visual Studio, as such numerous .cc and .h files do not have newline
characters at the end.
This is causing GCC to complain "Warning no newline at end of file!"
which since there are 1593 files, means I'm getting ALOT of these
essentially pointless messages.
At first I thought Ok, I'll just figure out how to shut off the
warnings from GCC but realised that would require a change to the make
file.
What I really want to do is parse one directory and all of it's
subdirectories (it's really, really deep), and just append a newline
character to each file which does not have one.

I looked at the perlscript called "deep" which looked like it would do
the trick, but when I tried it, it literally appened \n rather than
the newline character itself, which busted my entire build.

So here I am with a clean pull from CVS, I have bash, perl, ruby and
even PHP on my box.

Can someone help me here?  Would this be a job for perl or bash
scripting or what, and how would I go about doing it?  My scriptfu
sucks terribly BTW, so if anyone has an example that should do the
trick please let me know.

Thanks in advance.