Forum/Bulletin Board Recommendations?

Ross Werner ross at indessed.com
Wed Mar 8 22:12:16 MST 2006

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 20:50:26 -0800, Jonathan Duncan
<jonathan at jkdwebmagic.com> wrote:
> I use phpBB and despite the frightening reports of security breaches, it
> is a very good system, imho.  The phpBB development team usually has
> fixes very quickly for any problems.  I personally would not mind if
> they took what they know about forums and started from scratch and made
> something that is XHTML and CSS 2.0 compliant.  However, it is a fine
> product with an enormous and responsive community.

What kind of "frightening security breaches" are we talking here, out of
curiousity? I mean, let's say (hypothetically speaking) I was running a
phpBB on remote hosting on a computer I didn't even have shell access to
(I don't even think it's set up to allow PHP to run commands), and I do
nightly backups of the phpBB data. Do I have anything at all to worry
about?

	~ Ross