Forum/Bulletin Board Recommendations?

Daniel C. dcrookston at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 19:53:09 MST 2006

Beehive Forums:
http://beehiveforum.sourceforge.net/

Despite the name, it doesn't have anything to do with Utah.  Delphi
Forums used to be (probably still is) the largest forum site on the
net.  Eventually they realized that they weren't making any money, so
they started charging people.  You could still use Delphi for free,
they just turned off most of the features that made it useful.

So a bunch of guys cloned Delphi's forum software in PHP and MySQL and
since I guess they really like bees they named it the Beehive Forum.

If you're used to phpBB (which all of the forums named here are
basically clones or modifications of, as far as I can tell) then
Beehive will look a bit strange to you at first.  But it's got a lot
of things that make it worthwhile.  Here's their about page, with a
list of features at the bottom:

http://beehiveforum.sourceforge.net/about.html

I've used them both and I can honestly say that moving from Beehive to
a phpBB clone feels going from a German car to a British one.  It
might take a day or two to get used to it, but once you do you'll love
it.

Dan