Forum/Bulletin Board Recommendations?

Doran L. Barton fozz at iodynamics.com
Wed Mar 8 11:32:35 MST 2006

Kimball Larsen wrote:
> I'm looking for a good forum style thingie to set up, and would like  to
> know what everyone recommends.
>
> So far, I've poked into:
> PHPBB[1]
> VBulletin[2]
> KBoard[3]
>
> I'm not really sure what my requirements are, other than that I would
> prefer it to be written in PHP and use MySQL, but I'm open to other
> options.

Of course, I recommend using Perl and PostgreSQL before using PHP and MySQL.
I mean, Gosh!

But, recently we had a client who had phpBB and was concerned that it was
RIDDLED with security issues. We did some research and recommended:

	http://www.simplemachines.org/

  "We're Intellect Cultivation and Sensitivity"
     -- Seen on a pencilcase in Japan