Statistics Software

Dennis devel at muhlesteins.com
Tue Mar 7 09:50:06 MST 2006

Hans Fugal wrote:
> I'm no R expert but I have been using it for basic stuff like std dev
> and mean and pretty graphs. It doesn't take all that much to learn how
> to use the basics; the hard part is knowing what's available. But if
> you're just doing specific analyses the internal help is great. (also
> available externally, e.g. in your web browser)
>
> Go to http://cran.r-project.org/manuals.html and read the introduction
> and import/export docs.

Yeah, I found the docs and found the same thing about the internal
help.   R isn't as hard as I had read it was.  I think it will work for
whatever I need.  My biggest problem now is figuring out exactly which
tests to run.  (I'm not a stats expert at all but I think my Boss wants
me to be sometimes.)

-Dennis