When to Fork and When to Spoon

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Tue Mar 7 08:15:46 MST 2006

On Tue,  7 Mar 2006 at 08:07 -0700, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> Why not just explain to him your dilemma and ask him how he thinks you
> should proceed?

We have been in contact. I haven't told him all I've told you, but I did
enumerate the features I was looking for and asked if he'd be receptive
to patches. His reply was something like "I am sure you write good code,
however I cannot know to whether I accept your patches now." That sounds
reasonable, of course, but it foreshadows an exciting and drawn-out
email discussion where we continually have to reexplain ourselves
because of the language barrier and wait a day for a response because of
the time barrier. Not as much of an issue for a large project, but again
we're talking about <400 LOC.

--
Hans Fugal ; http://hans.fugal.net

    -- Johann Sebastian Bach