PHP broke :(

Jason K Larson plug at candlefire.org
Mon Mar 6 22:36:54 MST 2006

Stephen Ward wrote:
> At any rate, here is the error message I get:
>
>  * Apache2 has detected a syntax error in your configuration files:
> Syntax error on line 6 of /etc/apache2/modules.d/70_mod_php.conf:
> Cannot load /usr/lib/apache2/modules/libphp4.so into server:
> /usr/lib/apache2/modules/libphp4.so: undefined symbol: ap_signal

first:
emerge -vuD net-www/apache dev-php/mod_php
etc-update
latest apache ebuilds really moved some things around, so paths are
likely broken in existing httpd.conf

if you dont have it already:
emerge -vuD gentoolkit
then:
revdep-rebuild -p
and if it finds anything that needs rebuilding, run it again sans -p
(pretend).

--
Ritter