Exchange alternative good enough for prime time?

Bryan Sant bryan.sant at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 21:48:56 MST 2006

Zimbra is a drop-in for exchange.  They have an OSS version and a
pay-for version.  The OSS version doesn't support Outlook -- the
pay-for does.  The OSS version does however have a web-based, AJAX
enabled clone of the Outlook desktop client.  The product has
calendaring and all the usual exchange-ish groupware features.

I haven't done anything serious with in, but I have given the online
demo a try, and thus I am an expert...  Ha!

-Bryan