Statistics Software

Hans Fugal hans at
Sat Mar 4 08:03:41 MST 2006

I'm no R expert but I have been using it for basic stuff like std dev
and mean and pretty graphs. It doesn't take all that much to learn how
to use the basics; the hard part is knowing what's available. But if
you're just doing specific analyses the internal help is great. (also
available externally, e.g. in your web browser)

Go to and read the introduction
and import/export docs.

On Fri,  3 Mar 2006 at 15:59 -0700, Dennis wrote:

> > I thought this looked interesting:
> >

> Well, I installed R and ran the demos.  It looks powerful but also has a
> big learning curve.  (Not yet sure I want to invest the time.)
> Salstat looks promising but it is very up front about how much it isn't
> done yet.  They haven't updated in since 2003 though.
> I'm looking to plug some vectors of numbers in and be able to find
> statistically significant portions via a few different test.  Chi2,
> student-T, anova stuff like that.
> I know OO.o and Excel have some of that ability but they just don't cut
> it (OO.o is actually really really slow on my machine and I haven't
> figured out why)
> /*
> PLUG:, #utah on
> Unsubscribe: