UUG MythTV Troubleshooting Meeting

Michael Halcrow mike at halcrow.us
Fri Mar 3 16:33:26 MST 2006

On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 03:18:19PM -0700, Scott Paul Robertson wrote:
> If you've put in an honest effort at getting mythtv installed, and
> are still having troubles, feel free to bring your boxen in and
> we'll provide some support. If you just have MythTV related
> questions, feel free to drop by and ask them. The "expert" Andrew
> McNabb will be present until 3:30pm.

I am discovering that a MythTV setup can throw some interesting curve
balls at you.

For instance, this:

http://halcrow.us/blip.jpg

happens for one frame every so often with the latest IVTV driver and
firmware when capturing at 640x480. Fix: In progress; wait for some
future IVTV release. Workaround: Capture at 720x480. *That* was a fun
one to track down, after a couple of weeks of getting driven mad by
intermittent flickering.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/ivtv/devel/25983?search_string=%26quot%3Blirc%20and%20recordings%20have%20skips%20in%20them%20%26quot%3B;#25983

And then there is the mysterious vanishing recording schedule that hit
me yesterday. Cause: MythTV version 0.19 and MySQL version 5. Beware:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/186471#186471

And then there are issues with using an external channel changing
script. If you change the channel too quickly in succession, the
channel changing script contends with itself, so if you're trying to
go through channel 126 to get to channel 28, you may wind up at
channel 12286 instead (lockfile fixed that little problem).

I expect it should only take me 10 more weekends before I get my
MythTV setup to where I want it to be.

Mike
"The Computer made me do it."