need help on SATA

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Fri Mar 3 06:40:08 MST 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-03 at 08:35 +0000, chaitanya Ralegaonkar wrote:

> I am trying top install red hat 9 on SATA hard disk , can any one help ?? I am getting message
>
> " No hard drives found "

Don't user RH9. Just don't. It doesn't support SATA. It doesn't support
all kinds of modern hardware. It doesn't get bug fixes. It doesn't get
security updates. Would you use Windows 98? Of course not! So why use
RH9?

This is probably for work. Tell your bosses they're being too cheap. If
a vendor only supports RH9, drop kick the vendor. They're obviously not
supporting the software anymore. If that isn't an option, go find some
old hardware, don't let anyone other than sysadmins login, don't connect
it to the Internet, don't complain when it breaks and no one helps you
fix it.

Stuart Jansen              e-mail/jabber: sjansen at buscaluz.org
                           google talk:   stuart.jansen at gmail.com
* ^From:.*sjansen@