need help on SATA

Justin Findlay jfindlay at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 02:09:37 MST 2006

On 3 Mar 2006 08:35:23 -0000, chaitanya Ralegaonkar
<ralegaonkar_chaitanya at rediffmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying top install red hat 9 on SATA hard disk , can any one help ?? I am getting message
>
> " No hard drives found "

Can you be more detailed as to why you think the drive is not being
found?  The BIOS may be at fault.  Have you looked at that?  Can you
try installing a later distro like FC4?  RH9 is about 3 years old and
does not have a kernel with the latest SATA drivers.  There has even
been a major change in the SATA architecture within the kernel itself.

Justin