need help on SATA

Doran Barton fozz at
Fri Mar 3 02:09:32 MST 2006

chaitanya Ralegaonkar wrote:
> I am trying top install red hat 9 on SATA hard disk , can any one help ?? I am getting message
> " No hard drives found "

First question: Why are you installing RH9? It's ANCIENT!

Second question: Have you explored the SATA chipset BIOS? Often you must
organize your SATA drives into a logical disk even if you're not doing RAID.
Some onboard motherboard BIOSes let you configure SATA drives to appear as
plain, old IDE drives.

fozz at is Doran L. Barton, president, Iodynamics LLC
  "Enraged cow injures farmer with axe"
     -- Headline seen in newspaper