Longest. Ethernet. Ever.

David B bavibs at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 07:52:38 MST 2006

One more crazy idea for you...

Search google for "POE", you can run power over wires 45,78 and power a
switch at the 100 meter mark (inside a weather proof tuperware box).
Then try to force your nic to 10mbit.

That way you can run the normal data traffic over pins 12,36 like they
always are. If you are doing 10mbit you should be fine. Most switches
run fine with only 4 wire at 100mibt as well.

That should get you going.