Longest. Ethernet. Ever.

David B bavibs at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 07:38:42 MST 2006

It depends on lots of factors. Your best bet is to force your computer
nic to 10mbit half duplex.  Your very best bet is to not use a switch
but use two computer nics talking to each other in 10mbit half duplex.

The main question is why the limitations? My guess is you need it done
cheap (under $50) right?

If you have a little more money you could try point to point wirless.
this will probably cost you around $150 and have a max speed of  8 mbit
or so depending on what equipment you buy.

If you have alot more money, lookinto multi mode fiber, or long range
ethernet, or dsl.