Hardware Lisp?

Levi Pearson levi at cold.org
Fri Jun 30 15:51:31 MDT 2006

On Jun 30, 2006, at 2:50 PM, Daniel C. wrote:

> I'd really just like to build a proof of concept machine.  I guess I
> could just as easily create a virtual proof of concept machine but
> where's the fun in that?
>
> Dan

Do you know Verilog or VHDL?  If so, or if you want to learn, go get
yourself a FPGA board with RAM and Flash and knock yourself out.  You
can look on opencores.org for finished CPU designs to draw
inspiration from.  Also, find some references on the design of the
old Lisp Machine processors and Smalltalk processors, which had some
similar aspects.  Maybe the old Burroughs B5000, too.

This is certainly not a small project, but it would be cool if you
can stick to it for a while.

		--Levi